The Purposes of the International Alliance of Libertarian Parties (IALP) are:
- to establish, maintain and promote a harmonious and collaborative network of independent libertarian political parties from around the globe;
- to foster and facilitate the sharing of political strategies, tactics, experiences and best practices among its Members; and
- to establish, maintain and promote libertarian political perspectives and solutions as a global brand.
The IALP is an organization separate and distinct from the myriad of libertarian organizations aimed at philosophical, economic, cultural, educational or any other non-political objective, and will strive to not compete or be seen as a competitor to such organizations.
We are an alliance of libertarian political parties from around the world. We have come together to share our experiences and knowledge, and to build the presence of libertarian politics as a global phenomenon.
While libertarian philosophies drive all of our member parties, we are not a philosophical organisation. We are an alliance of political organisations that are each pursuing strategies that each deem best. We are not competitors with the myriad of libertarian economic, educational and philosophical organisations around the world. We see them as partners. We are doing what they cannot.
We do not engage in political fundraising or expenditures on behalf of parties, candidates or issues. Our members are responsible for those activities independent of the IALP.
All of our member parties share equally in decisions, but all have committed to respecting the autonomy and authority of each other’s parties. This is not a top down organisation. We exist to serve the member parties, and to promote liberty in the political arena.
Our vision is:
- To identify and bring together the participants in this global libertarian political movement into a single and visible body, so that people both inside and outside of the libertarian spectrum can be more aware of the scope of our movement. We are reaching out to libertarian parties everywhere, and we welcome all to join with us.
- To promote this global movement both internally and externally. Internally we are starting the process of sharing and educating each other on what we’ve learned and what has worked for each of us. Externally we will be publishing the activities of this global movement through our website. Come here to find out what’s happening around the libertarian political world.
The IALP is an association as defined in Art. 60 and related articles of the Swiss Civil Code (ZGB) with legal domicile in Baar, Switzerland.